A special dinner meal to challenge your inner chef. The fresh salsa and smooth texture of the creamy celeriac puree pairs beautifully with the tender, juicy steak.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 470g skirt steak
- 1/2 organic celeriac
- 1 organic onion
- 500ml Raw milk
- Baby kale mix
- Olive oil
- Thyme, coriander, rosemary
- (Optional: Vine tomatoes, red cabbage)
Celeriac Puree & Sautéed veg prep
- Remove the skin of the celeriac and cut into bite-size cubes
- Add celeriac into a pan with the raw milk and heat over low-medium heat until celeriac is soft enough for a fork to pierce through (approximately 15 minutes)
- Whilst the celeriac is cooking, chop the kale into 1cm thickness and slice the optional red cabbage
- Pour the cooked celeriac and raw milk into a food processor (or blender) adding a few sprigs of thyme, and blend together, seasoning to taste. Adjust consistency by adding milk to thin if needed and reserve aside.
- Dice the organic onion and tomato into pea sized cubes similarly run the knife through the coriander
- Mix with a generous amount of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, a pinch of salt and pepper
Grass-fed skirt steak (cook half of the 470g at a time) & sautéed veg
- Lightly rub salt into the steak, and pre-heat oven to 180° Celsius
- Heat a neutral oil in a skillet, and lay in the steak
- Once a brown crust develops (3 minutes), flip the steak. Add a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme with a knob of butter and 3 cloves of garlic (with skin on), along with optional vine tomatoes. Cook for another 3 minutes, while basting the steak with the butter.
- Move the skillet into the oven for 6 – 10 minutes to your preferred doneness
- Reserve aside the steak and tomatoes and let rest.
- Deglaze the skillet with a dash of white wine, sauté in the chopped kale and red cabbage for approximately 3 minutes
- When the veg are giving yet firm, the resting steak is ready to be sliced and served with the celeriac puree, salsa, vine tomatoes and sautéed veg
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins